Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tomahawk Guide

This is my personal guide to tomahawks. I will obviously teach you everything I know about tomahawks, how to aim, and the powers to use here. I am by no means perfect, and I am by no means claiming that everything I will teach you will be 100% perfect. I am simply posting this to teach the community everything I have learned through personal experience and gruesome days of trial and error. This section is still very incomplete, and I will slowly add more information as time permits me. I am making this guide using my own free time, so please do not copy and paste my guide and paste it somewhere -.-;

I am hoping that if my guide helps you, and that if you learn something new, that you would be kind enough to come back and share what you have learned with everyone else. I will correct and update my guides should you the reader find an error. By doing so this will benefit all of us as the information on this guide will gradually become more and more accurate.

Erm.. this is just to clarify before I start. I am assuming that everyone should already know how to hit a tomahawk. The values that I will disclose in this section is mainly for a 250y normal drive (260y toma) and 7 spin.

When trying for a chipin, there are many components to consider depending on where your ball lies. The components are the following: wind velocity, wind angle, elevation, distance from hole, ball slope, green slope, and weather/rough/sand/snow conditions. I shall discuss each of these factors and also some important and semi-easy values and angles which you can memorize to improve the accuracy and speed of your gameplay.

Wind angles can be separated into two components. A vertical component and a horizontal component. For the sake of simplicity, the vertical component affects the power you use while the horizontal component affects your aim. I plan on making a separate guide on wind angles eventually, after doing so I will remove this tidbit of randomly placed information.

Power club 1w- In this section I will discuss and teach you the things you need to consider when determining the power you need to use. I will also incorporate my experiences into this article and some rules you need to apply in different sets of conditions.

You need to consider:

  • Distance
  • Elevation
  • Weather/rough/bunker/etc...
  • wind force
  • wind angle
General Formula for shooting by yards:
(distance+elevation effect+conditions)+(cos (angle))(wind force)
General Formula for shooting by % power:
[(distance+elevation effect+conditions)+(cos (angle))(wind force)]/260


(Conditions) Effects of weather/rough/bunker/etc... on distance:
98% rain/snow - Add ~2y to distance
95% rough/snow - Add ~4y to distance
92% rough - Add ~6.5y to distance
85% bunker - Add ~ 12y to distance
80% bunker - Add ~16y to distance

Effects of Negative elevation on distance:
-20m = Subtract ~ 15y from distance
-18m = Subtract ~ 13.5y from distance
-15m = Subtract ~ 11y from distance
-12m = Subtract ~9y from distance
-10m = Subtract ~7.5y from distance
-8m = Subract ~ 6y from distance
-5m = Subtract ~ 4y from distance
-4m = ~-3y
-3m = ~-2y
-2m = ~-1.5y
-1m = ~-1y

Effects of Positive elevation on distance above 90% power:
***These positive elevation rules ONLY apply when you use above 90% power Toma***
1m= Add 1y to distance
10m= Add 10y to distance
20m= Add 20y to distance
etc...

Effects of positive elevation on distance below 90% power:


Some notes I have accumulated through experience:
  • At 100% toma, 0 elevation. The ball travels 4 extra yards. 264y instead of 260y.
  • At

Examples:
If Distance= 234y, you would look at the table to the left and use 90% power.
If Distance=234y,

Aim Club 1W:


To be continued (College + Lack of sleep)...

I am still a long ways from finishing this guide. After this I also plan on making separate guides, in more detail for backspins, ball slopes, wind angles and some miscellaneous tips...

No comments: